We kicked off last year with our primary Fundraiser called the 'Unfundraiser" -simply a request for donations which raised about $5k!
We used the funds and organized the parent volunteers to complete the following:
- provided funds to redecorate the guidance office from an elementary school vibe to a cool, zen hangout space.
- granted $500 in scholarships to graduating seniors from West and STEM
- funded Kona Ice on field day-->1000s of servings of water ice to the kids on a hot field day
- contributed generously to both 7th grade fun night and 8th grade dances
- and finally facilitated appreciation gifts to our teachers and staff - welcome back grab & go breakfast, an amazing luncheon, SOUPer bowl event, last day muffin and cookie trays as well as gift cards for the staff.
How to participate:
Our goal is to have 4 meetings per year (dates TBD) and a steady stream of communication via facebook 2027/2028 groups, as well as, distributed by the school administration via email.
- Sign up here to volunteer or be a part of the HSA (still waiting on finalized list/dates from dasd admin) - link to sign up genius here
- Join us at one or all of our 4 meetings this year - (dates TBD)
- Sign up here to donate to the "unfundraiser": https://dmshsa.squarespace.com/
- Purchase Spirit wear to help raise funds for HSA distribution (Online store link is available periodically throughout the school year)